The western side of the town is enclosed with a wing of city walls, while on the remaining three sides the defense system consisted of the interconnected outer walls of houses.
Within the wall system, near to the city gates (1562) is the bell tower (1552). The parish church, with its classical façade, was built in 1802 in the same place as the church from 1609. The painting above the altar is the work of B. d’Anne. The church has a late Gothic chalice and ciborium from 1539.
The Romantic church St. Jeronim, with its semicircle apse stands at the graveyard. The church contains valuable wall paintings from the 12-13th century.