Even though the 17th century old town is squeezed on a narrow peninsula it is rich in its historical heritage: - the baroque town hall - the Cathedral of St. Euphemia built in 1736 it is the largest baroque building in Istria. - the chapel of the Holy Trinity - the Balbi Arch - Built in 1679 on the town gate - the Town Museum contains a collection of paintings from the 15th - 19th century and some works by contemporary artists.
The Rovinj’s Aquarium was established in 1891 and exhibits local marine life. There are ferry boats sailing to the island in front of Rovinj (one of the most popular is the island of St. Catherine). Monvi, the biggest Istrian complex of disco bars and cafes it's also situated there.